Easter lunch (lemon-rosemary lamb, vegetables, mint sauce, colomba cake, marinated strawberries)
|April 8, 2010||Posted by ameliaps under dessert, easter, flowers, lamb, meats, menus, nature, spring|
“Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection,
Not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time.”
…and so it was this Easter Sunday, April 4, 2010.
A glorious morning, filled with sun, blossoms, hope and joy.
We went to church and then came home for a wonderful family meal, just the 4 of us.
We sat outside on the patio, in the mild sun and in the afternoon we planted in our garden.
The air was filled with renewal.
The camelia tree was in full bloom so we each got a flower on our place setting:
Here is our Easter lunch menu:
- Roasted lemon-rosemary leg of lamb over onions, and wild mushrooms served with Mint-macadamia dipping sauce (I just posted this recipe in the previous post: exquisite)
- Steamed (blanched) asparagus with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- Colomba pasquale (Easter dove) – mini-cakes
- Strawberries marinated in sugar, lemon juice and orange juice
- Côtes du Rhône wine for me and my husband
- “Arnold Palmer” (half lemonade, half ice tea) for the kids, a very “southern” tradition
Happy Easter and Happy Spring!
Pictures from our Easter lunch: